Here is the final dialogue animation we did. The focus was on using exposure sheets to break down dialogue and to learn the main mouths for each sound.
Our final dance anijam. Everyone chose from a selection of sound clips and we animated our own character to "dance" to it. We would morph the previous character's design into our own so that all of the clips would synch up. They all look really good together.
Week 1: Here's my first ever animation! The only criteria was that the box had to begin and end in the same place.
Week 2: Jumping ball animation.
Week 3: Flour Sack Twist
Week4: Flour Sack Jump and S Curves
It doesn't end as smoothly as I wanted it to, but at that point I just let it go.
Week 5: Stitch Jump in TVPaint.
First animation in TVPaint. I like the program a lot, and I wish I spent more time on this animation.
6: Stitch Fall.
I have several drawings of me murdering Stitch because of this animation.
7: Perspective Walk
Our first week learning a walk! Woot.
Wakko Walk Cycle
This is probably the quickest animation I've done yet.
Well there we go, that's all the assignments I've done so far. Considering how much time I've spent doing them it doesn't seem like a lot :/
Updating once a month is cool, right? Right. Here's just a few things we're doing in Character Design.
Week 2: Dino poses. The first was him pulling a rope:
Second was chasing his own tail. I was told to show the eyes next time.
Third was walking a tightrope. I don't think Don really cared for this one since it technically didn't fit the criteria, but it's the only way I know how to walk a tightrope so meh.
I guess it's fine for a first project. My stuff is definitely not on model, so I'll have to focus more on that later.
Week 3: Disney character pose. We had to choose a Disney character and put him in any pose we wanted. My choice: KRONK from The Emperor's New Groove:
I started drawing him in my life drawing class. I think the fact that we had a female model might have influenced the pose somewhat :/
Week 4: Hero Character Design. We had to create a "hero" character. This was a very open assignment - we could work with stereotypes or without them, but I love me some super heroes so I couldn't resist.
We're turning these designs into a maquette (another first for me! Guess who totally underestimated how heavy his torso would be!) so photos of that will be uploaded sometime within the next week.
I'll update my animations once I've compressed the files. (This is supposed to be an animation blog, after all!) So be excited that you're GUARANTEED to see two updates! Whoo!