Saturday 22 October 2011

Catch-Up Time

Updating once a month is cool, right?  Right.  Here's just a few things we're doing in Character Design.

Week 2:  Dino poses.  The first was him pulling a rope: 

 Second was chasing his own tail.  I was told to show the eyes next time.
 Third was walking a tightrope.  I don't think Don really cared for this one since it technically didn't fit the criteria, but it's the only way I know how to walk a tightrope so meh.
I guess it's fine for a first project.  My stuff is definitely not on model, so I'll have to focus more on that later.  

Week 3:  Disney character pose.  We had to choose a Disney character and put him in any pose we wanted. My choice:  KRONK from The Emperor's New Groove:

I started drawing him in my life drawing class.  I think the fact that we had a female model might have influenced the pose somewhat :/

Week 4:  Hero Character Design.  We had to create a "hero" character.  This was a very open assignment - we could work with stereotypes or without them, but I love me some super heroes so I couldn't resist.
We're turning these designs into a maquette (another first for me!  Guess who totally underestimated how heavy his torso would be!)  so photos of that will be uploaded sometime within the next week.

I'll update my animations once I've compressed the files.  (This is supposed to be an animation blog, after all!)  So be excited that you're GUARANTEED to see two updates!  Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment